What health visitors can help with
Whether it's at a home visit, over the phone or at a baby clinic, our health visitors can offer advice on:
- post-natal depression
- emotional support
- your child’s growth and development
- feeding your baby, including breast feeding and introducing solids.
- healthy eating and exercise
- staying safe and preventing accidents
- behaviour difficulties (including sleeping, eating, potty training and teething)
- some medication prescriptions
- common infections and skin problems in childhood
- support for children with special educational needs and disabilities
- domestic abuse.
There's self-help information available online too.