Who we are
The Family Centre Service is made up of 3 different teams, all here to help you and your family:
- The Family Support Service - from pregnancy to 11 years old.
- The Health Visitor team - from pregnancy to 5 years old.
- The School Nursing team - from 5 to 19 years old.
What we offer
We also provide a wealth of information on our Facebook, Instagram and YouTube channels.
Family Support Service
- Provide opportunities for new parents to meet before and after having a baby
- Help you with feelings of isolation.
- Help if you’re experiencing domestic abuse.
- Challenges with your child’s behaviour. Supporting you via one-to-one sessions or parenting groups. Find our groups on the Parenting Directory or our Facebook pages.
- Help you to access childcare. Your 2 year-old could be entitled to 15 hours free early education, depending on your circumstances; we can support you to apply and find a space.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Adult learning. We work with lots of local organisations to provide workshops and courses for self-development, well-being and confidence as well as qualifications and training.
If you have a child under 11 you can sign up. It’s free, quick and easy to do
- Host Preparing for Baby antenatal programme with Midwives and Family Support
- Routinely see you when your baby is 14 days and 6-8 weeks old
- Provide specialist support with infant feeding
- Hold clinics to discuss health concerns about your child, run by our Health Visitors
- Offer a development review with a member of the Health visiting team at 10 and 26 months.
- Help with postnatal depression, you and your family’s wellbeing, and support with additional medical or educational needs
- From starting school, we can work with children and young people aged 5-19 (25 for SEND), including managing long term medical conditions in school, behaviour and emotional health and wellbeing concerns
- Routinely offer vision and hearing screening on school entry, height and weight review in reception and Year 6 (National Child Measurement Programme) and health reviews at key points in a child’s development.
- Provide access for young people to discuss their concerns through a variety of medias including a texting service and websites
- Help with any worries about your child’s learning and development.
- Support you and your child’s additional needs
Who provides the support?
The team is made up of highly skilled and trained staff. We're passionate about all children being supported to reach their full potential, as well as supporting parents.
Asking for support
Contact us to ask for support